International activity. Partnerships.
Scientific cooperation with foreign organizations is carried out in the following areas: joint conducting of scientific events; improving professional competence of teachers through internships in foreign educational institutions, as well as participation in international seminars; joint publishing with scientists from other countries.
Since September 2013 ONU has been an associate member of a powerful international association - the University Agency of Francophonie (AUF). The agency brings together 800 university educational institutions in more than 100 countries that use the French language in teaching and research, therefore, there is a single channel for communication.
Students, postgraduate students, teachers, researchers, managers of research topics and projects, representatives of university administration - everyone who wants to optimize their own experience and gain new one in their field through cooperation with their foreign colleagues under an umbrella of the French language can count on support and participation in one or another project.
The global goal of the association is to support an effective scientific space for community development. More information about AUF projects can be found at: https://www.auf.org
Teaching training at foreign Universities
- Hryhorash V. took part in Erasmus + KA107 Exchange program in 2017 (Faculty of Philology, University of Rzeszów , Poland).
- Hryhorash V. took part in Erasmus + KA107 Exchange program in 2016 (Department of English and American Studies, Ostrava, the Czech Republic).
- Drahomiretsky A.A. Lyon, Grenoble, France. Participation in the training workshop on scholarships of the French Embassy in Ukraine.
- Annenkova I.P. Wroclaw, Poland. Participation in the meeting of the working group within the framework of the ERASMUS + QUAERE program.
- Ivanova N.G. Paris, France. Participation in the Days of Business French and the Francophone Competition THE GOLDEN WORD Mot d'or.
- Zubov M.I. Vienna, Austria. Lecturing at the Department of East Slavic Languages, Institute of Slavic Studies, University of Vienna.
- Kokkina L.R. Poitiers, France. Participation in the summer European Campus for the translation and conduction of practical classes.
- Hrynko L.V. Granada, Spain. University training under the Erasmus + program.
- Kolbaenkova T.B. Salamanca, Spain. Training at the University.
- Syniavska L.I. Opole, Poland. Taining at the Academy of Management and Administration.
- Dolha N.M. Nowy Sacz, Poland. Scientific-pedagogical training at the National Louis University Graduate School of Business
- Didenko M.O. Schwäbisch Hall, Germany. Training within the scientific topic of the Department.
- Ivanova N.G. Paris, France. Participation in the French Language Days and the Francophone Contest of the International Organization of Francophonie, Association “Actions for Promotion of Business French”.
- Dobrovolska D.M. Munich, Germany. Participation in the training "Educating the global citizen: International perspectives on foreign language teaching in the digital age".
Students’ experience abroad
- The winners of the Pan-Ukrainian Olympiad in German, Isaeva Irina (University of Bremen) and Samotiaha Nataliia (Viadrina University of Frankfurt-on-Oder) get postgraduate education in Germany.
- 30 students from different departments that study Greek language visited Greece. Several Universities have organized student admissions and training during the summer.
- Oleshchuk Yu.S., Kniazian D.Kh., Rybalchenko A.Ye., Yatsenko M.Yu. Italy. Studying at the University of Bologna by ERASMUS + program.
- Chushankova V.S. Finland. ERASMUS + program at the University of Turku.
- Zyrianova M.A., Pylypchuk K.A. Spain. ERASMUS + studying program at the University of Granada.
- Solopova V.A., Sporish L.T., Kovaliova V.V., Kostenko G.A., Yesaulova D.S., Odnodvortseva V.Iu., Yarmoliuk A.V., Kovaliova E.A., Ovcharenko D.V., Boyko D.A. France. Participation in the Translation Campus organized by the University of Poitiers (seminar, workshops, lectures).
- Svintytska V.A. Germany. Training in the program of academic mobility in Augsburg, University of Applied Sciences.
Dudina A., Korsunka A. Germany. Studying in the summer semester at the University of Koblenz-Landau.
- Romanko G.A. France. Language training in Paris after winning the competition of artworks of the UAF (University Agency of Francophonie) of Central and Eastern Europe.
- In addition, a fourth-year student A. Vishnevsky and three-year students of the translation department of the Romans Germanic Philology faculty T. Mushanova and V. Evdokimenko passed language training during the holidays (Greece), second-year Master degree student of the French Department Romanko A. took part in the Festival of French-speaking students Central and Eastern Europe (Armenia) and 6 French Department students took part in the professional orientated meeting “Café Pro” (Moldova).
Language training of students and study at foreign universities can increase the level of language and linguistic competence, deepens international cooperation and academic mobility.
- Mikhaylishyna K.I. Spain. ERASMUS + program. Study grant at Deusto University in Bilbao.
- Gushcha P.S. Germany. Participation in the scholarship program of the German academic DAAD exchange service for studies at the University of Hamburg.
- Betrinak K.R. Italy. Training under the grant of the Italian Embassy in Ukraine at the University for Foreigners of Perugia.
- Savchuk G.D. Italy. ERASMUS + program. Studying at the University of Bologna.
- Evdokimenko V. Greece. Language internship during the summer holidays under the program of the Association of the University named after Aristotle M. Soloniki.
- Samura A., Mushanova T. Greece. Language training during the summer holidays under the program Ο.Υ.Ε.Σ.Π.A at the Athens National University of Kapodistrias.
- Andreev D., Valyanskaya M., Krepkh A., Samura A., Gulpa A. Greece. Language internship during the summer holidays under the program Ο.Υ.Ε.Σ.Π.A at the University of Peloponnese, Kalamata.
- Tarasova A. Greece. Language internship at the University of Cyprus.
- Paris-Petrova A. Bulgaria. She took part in the Festival of Francophone students of Central and Eastern Europe of the University Agency of Francophonie, in a dance competition and took III place.
- Nedaiborsch D., Preiger A. Germany. Studying at the university, Koblenz campus, summer term, Koblenz-Landau.
Visits of foreign teachers, scientists, cultural figures, official representatives
- On November 23, 2010, the Romans Germanic Philology Faculty was visited by the Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Ambassador of Germany in Ukraine, Mr. Hans Jürgen Gaimzet, who met with faculty teachers and students.
- November 30, 2010 Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of France in Ukraine Mr. Jacques For met with teachers and students of the Romans Germanic Philology faculty and gave a lecture on the importance of French culture and language in the modern world.
- On April 9, 2014, a creative meeting was held at the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology with the French novelist and screenwriter Mr. David Fonkinos, laureate of Francois Moriak prize. During the meeting, the writer analyzed current trends in French literature, introduced those present with his new novel and shared his creative plans.
- On November 8, 2016, Mr. Fabrice Peto, Attache of the French Embassy in Ukraine for cooperation in the field of French, and Mr. Sylvain RIGOLLE, Attache of the French Embassy in Ukraine for university and scientific cooperation, visited the faculty of French Philology and presented the prospectives on the cooperation of the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology and the Embassy of France in Ukraine, with the project held in Kiev in 2017, an international French-language scientific conference for teachers of Ukrainian universities with the participation of foreign scientists.
- On June 6-7, 2017, the faculty of Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology was visited by a professor at the University of Paris 13, the head of the Laboratory “Vocabulary. Dictionaries. Data Processing”, Ms Gabrielle Le Talleck Llore and a member of the Commission for Scientific Research and the Academic Council of the University of Paris-13 Oleg Kurbatov, who got acquainted with the scientific activities of faculty teachers and discussed possible areas of scientific cooperation.
- On June 7, 2017, Professor Le Talleck Llore spoke to teachers and students with lectures on “Reduction and re-suffixation in modern French”, “French anaphoric words en and y: diachronic and contrastive approaches (French / Spanish)”.
- On October 24, 2017, the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology was visited by Mr. Fabrice PETO, Attache of the French Embassy in Ukraine for cooperation in the field of French, Ms. Roxana Turkanu-TOLOME, Head of the Chisinau branch of the University Agency of Francophonie, Mrs. Claudia Vishan, responsible for Chisinau projects offices of the UAF, and Mrs. Diana BANGURA, director of the Alliance Francaise in Odessa, who attended the opening of the French Language Center, equipped with technical means, received as a gift from the Chisinau branch of UAF.
- On November 30, 2017, the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology was visited by the Ambassador of France to Ukraine, Ms. Isabelle Dumont, accompanied by Ms. Marie-Annique Dewar, Coordinator of the French Alliances in Ukraine, and Ms. Diana BANGURA, Director of the Alliance Frances, Odessa. Ms. Dumont gave a lecture on the topic “French Foreign Policy” to students and teachers of the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology and answered their questions.
- The translator of literature, Filip Noubel, visited the Department of Translation Theory and Practice of the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology (March, October 2018). Mr. Filip Noubel gave a multimedia lecture to students of the Department of Translation Theory and Practice on the topic “Features of Translation from / into Greek”.
- A meeting with the American writer Keith Skribner was held at the Department of Foreign Literature, during which the author presented his works and introduced modern American literature to students (March 2018).
- Professor of the University of Palencia, Spain Miguel de la Fuente González visited the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology in order to disseminate and promote the language, culture and literature of Spain in Ukraine with a course of lectures on scientific and practical topics: 1) Algunos solutionmas de puntuación por contigüidades sintácticas en español; 2) Gloria Fuertes (Madrid 1917-1998): su poesía en su centenario 3) Características y casos actuales de la comunicación de los españoles 4) Prácticas de conversación (March 2018).
- According to the ERASMUS + project, a visit was helt by specialists from the University of Granada, Spain: Pilar Cáceres Rece, Juan Manuel Trujillo Torres, Inmaculada Asnar Diaz, Antonio Manuel Rodriguez García and Francisco Javier Inho Lucen (April 2018).
- On October 11, 2018, a meeting between students and teachers of the German Department with the Ambassador of the Federal Republic of Germany, Mr. E. Reichel, was held.
- On October 16, 2018, a meeting of students and teachers of the German department with the rector of the University of Würzburg (Germany) was held. Foreign specialists who trained at the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology of the ONU named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- January - May 2018 academic year at the Department of French Philology, in accordance with the agreement between Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov and the Department of Cultural and Linguistic Cooperation of the Embassy of France in Ukraine, Mr. Julien LE MENELEK, an intern in the specialty “Teacher - Teacher of Youth Work”, completed training in teaching French as a foreign citizen of France.
- From February 5, 2018 to May 4, 2018, training was held to teach French as a foreign language, Mrs. NOEMI RECHI, a graduate of the University of Toulouse named after Jean Jaurès, specializing in Teaching and Didactics of French as a Foreign Language.
- In the first semester of the 2018-2019 academic year, Ms. Laura Bert, a graduate of the University of Artois, specializing in Teaching and Didactics of French as a Foreign Language, completed atraining program in teaching French language from November 1, 2018 to December 15, 2018.
- Foreign teachers work at the Department of German Philology: interns Michael Mroz (09/01/17-30.06.18), Fanny Helena Venus (09/01/18 - to the present).
- At the Department of French Philology from 1.03.-05.26.2019 citizen of France Samantha Gaina completed an internship to teach French as a foreign language.
- On March 25, 2019, the Faculty of Romance-Germanic Philology was visited by Mr. Benjamin Beckner, Executive Secretary of the International Cultural Association “French without Borders”. Mr. B. Beckner met with students of the departments of French and English Philology of the Faculty of Romance-Germanic Philology of University named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- On April 2, 2019, a meeting of teachers and students of the Department of Spanish Philology with the Ambassador of Spain to Ukraine, Ms. Sylvia Josefine Cortez Martin, was held.
- April 17 - 25, 2019, A professor at the University of Palencia, Spain, Miguel de la Fuente González, gave a course of lectures and practical classes in literary and cultural studies: Short poetic forms in Spanish; Some modern Hispanic poets; Communicative characteristics of modern Spaniards; A look at the current political situation in Spain; Practical classes in Spanish.
- On May 23, 2019, a meeting with OSCE representatives: Irene Ballesteros (Spain), Cornelius Nolen (USA), Marinka Franulovic (Croatia) was held.
- On September 27, 2019, meetings with the Swiss writer Johann Lier and the German writer of Hungarian origin, Theresa Morea were held.
- On October 3-4, 2019, the Department of French Philology organized and held the third International Francophone Conference in Ukraine “Languages of Science and Practice” with the support of the Embassy of France in Ukraine and the University Agency of Francophonie, in which 33 foreign specialists and 4 official foreign persons took part. Among them: French Ambassador to Ukraine Mr. Etienne de Ponsen, Regional Head of the University Agency of Francophonie (UAF) in Central and Eastern Europe Mr. Mohamed Ketata, Attache of the French Embassy in Ukraine on linguistic and cultural co-workers obitnitstva Mr. Fabrice Peto and responsible for Department of UAF in Chisinau (Moldova) Roxana Turkana.
- On October 9, 2019, at the Department of Spanish Philology and the Center for Country Studies in Spain, together with the Institute for Advanced Studies of Teachers held a seminar on the representative of the publishing house of Spanish textbooks ELE Pilar Garcia for school teachers, teachers of the Department of Spanish Philology and students of the Spanish department.
- On December 3, 2019, representatives of the OSCE, Irene Ballesteros (Spain) and Cornelius Nolen (USA), in the framework of a comprehensive project against gender-based violence, held a conversation with students studying Spanish as the main and second foreign language.
Participation in international conferences
- Strochenko L.V. International conference Modern philological research: a combination of innovative and traditional approaches. Tbilisi, Georgia, April 27-28, 2018.
- Tomchakovsky A.G. International Conference Applied Linguistics and Language Teaching. Dubai, UAE, March 8-10, 2018.
- Pylypiuk K.M., Monastyrska Yu.G. International conference "European Academic Assembly - 2018, Nicolaus Copernicus X International Scientific Conference - The problems of Empirical Research in Psychology and Humanities (to the 545th anniversary of the birth of Nicolaus Spernicus)." Krakow, Poland, February 26 - March 6, 2018.
- Onischuk I.Iu. International Linguistic Conference. Vienna, Austria, May 25-26, 2018.
- Potapova I.N. International conference dedicated to the 25th anniversary of conducting foreign language exams for the CILS certificate at the university. Siena, Italy, December 2018.
- Mishchuk A.V. II Congreso internacional hispano-ucraniano "La colaboración hispano-ucraniana a través de la comunicación, la educación, la ciencia y la cultura desde una perspectiva multidisciplinar". Cadiz, Spain, July 14-15, 2018
- Morozova I.B., Pozharytska O.O. The 5th International Conference of the International Society for the Linguistics. London, UK, July 17-21, 2018.
- Dombrovan T.I. Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference. Burgas, Bulgaria, July 7-8, 2018.
- Marinashvili M.D. International Multidisciplinary Conference "Science and Technology of the Present Time: Priority Development Directions of Ukraine and Poland". Wolomin, Poland, October 19-20, 2018.
- Marchuk I.P. VII International Scientific and Practical Conference "Social and Economic Aspects of Education in Modern Society". Warsaw, Poland, 2018.
- Nahorna N.V. II International Scientific Conference “Modern Educational Space: Transformation of National Models in the Context of Integration”. Leipzig, Germany, October 26, 2018.
- Ryabenko M.I. International Scientific and Practical Conference "East European Studies: Economics, Education, Law". Burgas Bulgaria, June 7-8, 2018.
- Vasilchenko O.G. Goethe Institut. Ausbildung für Multi-plicatorinnen - Seminar 3.G. Kiev, 01/29/2012.
- Morozova I.B. III International Scientific Conference “Ethnology: Traditions and Studies. Minsk, Belarus April 11-13, 2019.
- Karpenko O.Yu., Alekseyeva N.N., Vasilieva O.O. XVIII International Onomastic Conference. Lviv, October 24-25, 2019.
- Morozova I.B., Pozharitskay O.O. The 8th Conference of the International Association of Literary Semantics. Reykjavik, Iceland, April 15-17, 2019.
- Morozova I.B., Pozharitskay O.O. The European Conference on Arts & Humanities. Brighton, UK, July 12-13, 2019.
- Vasilchenko O.G. Goethe Institut. Ausbildung für Multi-plicatorinnen - Seminar 4. Kiev, 06.18.21.06.
- Vasilchenko O. Goethe Institut. Online tutorieren (Ba-sismodul). Onlinekurs. 10.07 - 01.12.2019.
- Vasilchenko O. Congress "Science and Education in the Digital Age". Kiev / Goethe Institute November 16-16, 2019.
- Garcheva I.A., Grigorash V.S., Dobrovolska D.M. Training MM publications Ukraine: How to Kickstart your Lesson in the Classroom Looking at a Model Lesson from a Different Perspec tive "," Effective Teamwork Begins and Ends with Communication ". Online.
- Grigorash V.S. Training "OUP:" Shaping learners now and for the future "," Teacher wellbeing ". Online.
- Grigorash V.S., Rumyantseva O.O. The American English (AE) E-Teacher Program a program of the U.S. Department of State and FHI 360, Teaching Grammar Communicatively designed by World Learning. March 25-June 17, 2019.
- Dobrovolska D. M. Training “Educating the global citizen: International perspectives on foreign language teaching in the digital age” at the University of Munich (LMU) online course "Introduction to Inter-cultural Studies: Crossing borders", University of Leeds. March 25-28, 2019
- Rumyantseva A. A. Symposium of the British Council in Ukraine, dedicated to the presentation of the results of the five-year project of the British Council “English for Universities”. Kiev, February 19, 2019.
- Sidoruk O. Yu. Dll 4 "Aufgaben, Übungen, Interaktion". Goethe Institute, September 23 - December 8, 2019
- Ulyanova V.A. Online Training: “Teaching English: How to Plan a Great Lesson” (Future learn by British Council).
- Pozdnyakov D.A., Krasnitska K.V. Participation in the international scientific-practical conference Research of different directions of development of philological sciences in Ukraine and EU. Baia Mare, Romania, September 20-21, 2019.
- Kolegaeva I.M., Karpenko O.Yu. Participation in the international scientific-practical conference "Karpenkov Readings" on the anniversary of the corresponding member of NAS of Ukraine Yu.O. Karpenko. Odessa, November 2019.
- Ivanova N.G. Participation in the solemn celebration of the Days of Business French. Paris, France, March 2019.
- Matuzkova A.P. London Language Show 2019, London, United Kingdom, November 15-17, 2019.
- Vesna T.V. International scientific conference "Humanitarian space of the city and the region." Odessa, philological faculty of ONU named after I.I. Mechnikov, 16-17.10. 2019.
Membership in international organizations and associations
Separate units of the Faculty of Romans Germanic Philology are members of international public, cultural and educational organizations and scientific communities:
- The staff of the Department of German Philology is a member of the Union of Germanists of Ukraine;
- teachers of the Department of French Philology, members of the Ukrainian Association of French Language Teachers and the Alliance Frances Association, Odessa;
- The Department of French Philology is the coordinator of cooperation between the university departments and the Bureau of the University Agency of Francophonie for Central and Eastern Europe (UAF);
- professors of the Department of English Grammar Karpenko O. Iu. - ICOS (International Committee of Onomastic Sciences; International Union of Onomastic Sciences) and Morozova I.B. - BAAL (British Association of Applied Linguistics; British Association of Applied Linguistics), member of the International Gestalt Society (International Gestalt Union);
- Associate Professor of the Department of Foreign Languages of the Humanities Faculties L. Dimova is a full member of the board of the Odessa regional Red Cross organization, and is also a member of the European Association Francois Moriac;
- Teachers of the Department of Foreign Languages for the Faculties of Natural Sciences Bondarenko O., Hryhorash V., Dobrovolska D., Dolbina K., Rumyantseva O., Tkachenko G., Ulyanova V. are the members of IATEFL Ukraine.
- Lecturers of the Department of Spanish Philology Mishchuk A.V., Hrigorovych A.V., Kolbaienkova T.B. are members of the Association of Hispanists of Ukraine.
- Senior Lecturer of the Department of Spanish Philology Hryhorovich A.V. is a member of the Council of the Association of Hispanists in Ukraine.
- The Department of Spanish Philology has the right to conduct a DELE exam of levels A1-A2, B1-B2, C1-C2.
- since 2018, the Department of Spanish Philology has been able to conduct the SIELE exam https://siele.org (international service for certification of the Spanish language), which is the newest means of checking the level of language proficiency, and next to DELE it provides an opportunity for everyone to get the necessary international certificate. SIELE is sponsored by the Cervantes Institute, the Mexican National Autonomous University (UNAM), the University of Salamanca (Spain) (USAL) and the University of Buenos Aires (Argentina) (UBA), which is the key to high quality assignment preparation and covers all varieties of speech of the Spanish-speaking community. This exam takes place exclusively through the Internet, unlike others it does not have fixed dates, it can take place individually and in any of the official centers.
- Associate Professor N. G. Ivanova is the coordinator of the annual International French Business Competition "Mot d'or" in Ukraine under the patronage of APFA (Paris, France).
- Professor A. Tsokur is an active member of the international organization "International Slavic Academy of Education named. Ya.A. Comenius. "
- Associate Professor Tomchakovsky A.G. is a consultant to the TESOL Arabia International Association of English Teachers and a teacher-mentor for beginner English teachers in the MENA countries (Middle East and North Africa).