Faculty of Biology, Shampansky Lane, 2, Odesa, 65058
Ph.: (0482) 68-76-42
Doctor of sciences in biology, full professor
Julia Nazarchuk, candidate of sciences in biology
- Fedir Tkachenko, doctor of sciences in biology, full professor
- Olena Bondarenko, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Tetyana Vasilyevа, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Valery Gerasimuk, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Antonina Kadurina, candidate of architecture, associate professor
- Julia Nazarchuk, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Volodymir Nemertsalov, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Olena Pauzer, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Olena Popova, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Olga Ruzhitskaya, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Iryna Yakuba, candidate of sciences in biology, associate professor
- Anhelina Denezhko, laboratory assistant
- Liliya Mursanova, biologist
Main directions of scientific activity:
- Systematics of micro- and macrophytes, practical use of algae, producers of biologically active substances, indicators, biological treatment
- Taxonomy and distribution of lichens in southwestern part of Ukraine
- Synanthropic flora, quarantine weeds
- The natural flora, rare and endangered species of the region, the state of preservation in objects of natural reserve fund.
- The biological basis of planting creation and keeping
- Creation of park and garden facilities, possession of the main methods of cultivating ornamental plants, designing park and garden facilities, selection of plants, technologies and agrotechnics creation and operation of components of park and garden objects.)
- Influence of long-term storage of seeds on its viability. The evolution and productivity of emmer wheat in the south of Ukraine
- The impact on stimulators and microelements at physiological parameters and productivity of vegetable and ornamental crops
- Research herbarium collections of the university as a national heritage of Ukraine.
From 2018, at the Faculty of Biology of the Odessa I.I. Mechnykov National University opened a set for a new specialty - 206 «Landscape gardening» for the preparation of specialists of the first (Bachelor) level of higher education.
Partners of the Department of Botany:
- Plant breeding and genetics institute - National center of seed and Cultivar Investigation, Ovidiopol'skaya Road, 3, City of Odesa, Ukraine, 65036
- NSC "Institute of viticulture and wine making named after V. E. Tairov" National Academy of Agrarian Sciences of Ukraine, village Tairovo, Str. The 40 Victory anniversaries, 27, City of Odesa, Ukraine, 65496
- M.G. Holodny Institute of Botany
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Institute of Biology, Volodymyrska Street, 60, City of Kyiv, Ukraine, 01601
- 5. Institute of Marine Biology
- 6. M.M.Gryshko National botanical garden
- 7. Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznan
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University, School of Biology, Department of Genetics and Cytology, Svobody Sq. 4, City of Kharkiv, Ukraine, 61022.
- 9. Ukrainian Scientific Center of of Sea Ecology
Among the graduates of the Chair of Botany are staff of Plant-breeding Institute, Tairov Institute of viticulture and winemaking, Institute of Marine Biology, the Ukrainian Scientific Center of Sea Ecology and other research institutions, botanical gardens, nature reserves, national parks, different laboratories, as well as employees of such institutions as the «Scientific- production center "IN VITRO PLANT" and others.