Head of the Chair of methods of mathematical physics,,
Vaisfel’d Nataliya Daniilovna,
Dr. Sci. in physical and mathematical sciences, Professor
tel: +38 (048) 723 – 49 – 60
About the Chair
The chair of methods of mathematical physics was created in 1964, under the guidance of Dr. of physical and mathematical Sciences, prof. Yuri Iosifovich Cherskiy, whose studies have been associated with the development of methods for the solving of singular integral equations.
From 1972 to 2013 the chair was headed by Dr. of physical and mathematical Sciences, prof. Gennady Yakovlevich Popov - an outstanding scientist, the disciple of the academician M.G. Kreyn.
After his death, in January 2013, chair was headed by his disciple, Dr. of physical and mathematical Sciences, prof. Natalia Daniilovna Vaysfel'd.
During his scientific and lecturing activity professor G.Ya. Popov was created world-famous scientific school in mixed problems of mathematical physics, whose achievements now acknowledged the most authoritative international scientific schools and scientists.
This school unites numerous graduates of chair, working in Ukraine, Russia, Germany, Australia, Slovakia, the United States and Israel.
Today, the department prepares specialists in the field of mathematical modeling of various applied processes that require a high level of mathematical training as well as training in the field of applied software. This specialization of the chair makes its graduates are widely popular and competitive in the field of IT-technology, research and applied activities.
The specialty of the chair
Problems of mathematical physics with breaks in the area, including problems related to the destruction of fragile bodies.
"Mathematical modeling of application processes."
The chair prepare specialists - applied mathematicians who by applying apparatus of integral and differential equations, boundary value problems have the opportunity to create and explore mathematical models in various areas: construction, engineering, geology, seismology, biology, medicine, etc.
Scientific activity of chair
Professor Popov G.Ya. prepared about 50 Ph.D dissertations and he performed as a scientific consultant in 12 Dr. theses.
Today his disciples prof. O.V. Onischuk and docent V.V. Reut prepared more than 10 Ph. Ds.
The postgraduate studies is opened on chair in "Mechanics of deformable bodies."
Employees of chair are members of the Specialized Scientific Council for Ph. D theses on the specialty 01.02.04 "Mechanics of deformable bodies."
- Мішані задачі теорії пружності для півнескінченного шару. Вайсфельд Н.Д, Фесенко Г.О
- Плоскі мішані задачі теорії пружності для півнескінченної смуги. Вайсфельд Н.Д, Журавльова З.Ю, Реут В.В
Relations with international and domestic organizations
The department works closely with many scientific institutions of Ukraine, such as:
- S.P. Timoshenko Institute of Mechanics NAS of Ukraine (Kiev)
- Pidstrygach Institute for Applied Problems of Mechanics and Mathematics NAS of Ukraine (Lviv)
- Institute of Hydromechanics of NAS Ukraine (Kiev)
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kiev (Chair of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics)
- Dnepropetrovsk National University (Chair of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics), etc.
Traditionally the chair long time and effectively cooperates with:
- Institute for Problems in Mechanics (Russia, Moscow)
- St. Petersburg University (Chair of elasticity)
- State University, Rostov-on-Don (Chair of elasticity) and others.
The information for potential partners
The chair is interested in the implementation of joint projects in the following areas:
- "Theory of Elasticity";
- "Dynamical theory of elasticity";
- "Mixed problems of mathematical physics";
- "Mathematical problems of fracture mechanics."