Official site of Odessa I.I. Mechnikov National University
Faculty of Chemistry
Department of Pharmaceutical chemistry
Head of department academician of NAS of Ukraine, doctor of chemical sciences, professor Andronati Sergey Andreevich
1. Kravchenko I.A. – doctor of biological sciences, professor
2. Kirichenko I.N. – candidate of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
3. Sivko A.I. – candidate of biological sciences, senior lecturer
4. Alexandrova A.I. – candidate of biological sciences, senior lecturer
5. Grishchuk L.V. – candidate of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
6. Kobernik A.A. – candidate of biological sciences, lecturer
7. Turjanskaja A.M. – candidate of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
The department has staff from A.V. Bogatsky Physico-Chemical Institute of NAS of Ukraine and problem research laboratory of medicine synthesis of I.I. Mechnikov National University.
1. Golovenko N.Ya. – doctor of biological sciences, academician of NAS of Ukraine, professor
2. Karasyova T.L. – doctor of biological sciences, professor
3. Romanovskaja I.I. – doctor of biological sciences, senior lecturer
4. Egorova A.V. – doctor of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
5. Soboleva S.G. – candidate of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
6. Mazepa A.V. – candidate of chemical sciences, senior lecturer
The subjects lectured at the department:
1. Pharmaceutical chemistry
3. Introduction to Medical Chemistry
4. Bioorganic Chemistry
5. Standardization, certification bases and controlling of the drug’s quality
7. Bases of dosage forms manufacturing
10. Fundamentals of Scientific Research
11. Toxicological Chemistry and Toxicology
12. Routes of Drug Administration
13. Physico-chemical methods of drugs investigation
14. Organization and economics of pharmacy
15. Pharmaceutical Marketing
New courses were developed:
17. Drug metabolism and pharmacogenetics
1. Drug interaction
2. Neurochemistry with the bases of neurobiology
Department carries out teaching in two ways:chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry. Graduates of the department work as researchers, teachers of secondary and higher education institutions, employees of analytical departments of Ukrainian and international pharmaceutical corporations, forensic medical examinations, representatives of drug and health care product manufacturing companies, pharmacists, managers in the medical and pharmaceutical field.
The main scientific directions
Study of physico-chemical and pharmacological properties of new natural and synthetic substances with anti-inflammatory effects is carried out by our scientists.
Synthesis and study of anti-inflammatory activity a number of new ibuprofen esters, new calixarenes derivatives at different administration routes.
Studies of anti-inflammatory activity of complexes SnCl4 with salicyloylhydrazones are carried out in conjunction with the department of General Chemistry and Polymers of Mechnikov University.
Preparation and study of anti-inflammatory activity of Capsicum Annuum L., Cetraria islandica and Irish moss extracts. Obtaining and research of anti-inflammatory activity of dosage forms based on brine and peloid from Kuyalnik estuary.
Over the years the department staff published monographs – 6, textbooks – 10, lecture notes – 4, textbooks in electronic form – 4, guidelines – 22, 198 scientific articles were published, 43 patents for inventions and utility models of Ukraine were registered.
Several pages of the department’s history
The specialists training in the field of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was started at the chemical department of University since 1993. In March 1997 the Ministry of education granted the right to Odessa I.I. Mechnikov University for specialists training in the specialty of “Pharmaceutical Chemistry”.
In 1997, with the joint order of Ukrainian NAS President and Ukrainian Minister of Education the Pharmaceutical Chemistry teaching and scientific-industrial complex was founded (CP ESIC), within this complex the Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was opened. The head of CP ESIC and Department of Pharmaceutical Chemistry was appointed academician of NAS of Ukraine, doctor of chemical sciences, professor Andronati Sergey Andreevich.