Center of Chinese culture and language
Association of Ukrainian-Chinese friendship and Odessa Mechnikov National University under the support of the Consulate General of Peoples Republic of China opened the Center of Chinese culture and language in Odessa, December 2012 in order to acquaint university students and Odessa residents with history, culture and traditions of different ethnic groups, tourist attractions, flora and fauna of China and also for the development of scientific and cultural relations between students of two countries.
Since the establishment of the Center, the series of events were held:
• A photo exhibition dedicated to the history, culture and modern life of PRC was held under the support of Consulate General of PRC in Odessa;
• The first stage of the Ukrainian nationwide competition for the best performance of Chinese songs "Great Wall" in 2013;
• Odessa Mechnikov National University delegation visited PRC, where they and number of leading universities and leadership of the State Office of PRC for overseas distribution of Chinese language (HANBAN) held negotiations;
• A concert dedicated to the second anniversary of center’s work commencement was attended by Consul General of PRC in Odessa and representatives of the Chinese diplomatic mission, December 2014.
During the curriculum:
• Under the support of the Consulate General of PRC in Odessa and the Association of Ukrainian-Chinese friendship students were actively involved in activities of Chinese culture and concerts events;
• They have opportunity to learn Chinese with teachers from China;
• Since 2013 under the support of the People's Government of Shandong Province best Ukrainian students may learn Chinese in one of the universities of China.