Head of the department, Doctor of Physical and Mathematical Sciences,
Professor Sergey Kostantinovich Aslanov
Department Website - http://mex.onu.edu.ua
- Aslanov Sergey Kostantinovich, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Professor, Head of Theoretical Mechanics Department
- Volkov Vіktor Eduardovich, Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, Professor
- Rachinskaya Alla Leonidovna, Candidate of Physics and Mathematics, Associate professor, Dean of the Applied Mathematics and Information Technology Faculty
- Tsarenko Aleksey Pavlovich, senior tutor
- Kosyreva Lialina Anatolyevna, senior tutor
- Dragunovskiy Nikolay Nikolayevich, senior tutor
- Kosoy Mikhail Bronislavovich, assistant
Phone of the department: (048) 718-54-64
Address of the department: 2 Dvoryanskaya Str., Odessa, 65026, Ukraine
The Institute of Mathematics, Economics and Mechanics, Department of Theoretical Mechanics, auditorium № 50.
About the Department
Department was opened in 1865. Professor Sokolov Ivan Dmitriyevich, rector of the Novorossiysk University, was the first head of the department. Doctor of Physics and Mathematics, professor Aslanov Sergey Kostantinovich has been managing the department since 1964.
Department includes the research laboratory for mechanics and the computational laboratory.
The department has its own scientific school: the school of gas dynamics and theory of combustion and explosion.
The directions of scientific studies of the department:
- Theory of hydrodynamic stability.
- The dynamics of fast processes in inert and chemically active environments.
- Dynamics of aerosols formation.
- Self-organization of nonequilibrium systems structure.
Today the following research projects are under development:
- Theme № 179 “Application of parallel computing to the numerical modeling problem of detonative and explosive waves spreading in three-dimensional space” (Research supervisor Professor S. K. Aslanov).
- Theme № 203 “Research of rotatory motions of satellite relative to the center of mass influenced by disturbing moments” (Research supervisor Professor S. K. Aslanov).
Primary results of the department fundamental studies
- It was built analytical theory of shockwaves, which spread from different explosive substances. It was built the theory of the collapse of fluidic streams from the perspective of the hydrodynamic instability.
- The theory of aerosol system detonation was built.
- The theory of destruction of meteoritic bodies penetrating into the atmosphere was built.
The Speciality 8.040202 “Mechanics” obtained 4-th rate accreditation in 1999 (confirmed later in 2004), now the Department of Theoretical Mechanics graduates
bachelors and masters of the following qualification:
2132.2 – “Software developer”;
2149.1 – “Research fellow (other branches of engineering)”.
Basics of programming and algorithmic languages
Additional methods of theoretical mechanics
Mechanics teaching in higher school
Resistance of materials
The basics of solid environment mechanics
Additional sections of solid environment mechanics
Hydrodynamics of burning and explosion
Computational methods of gas dynamics
Theory of elasticity
Oscillation and waves
Integral equations and special functions
Introduction to synergetics
Practicum on the computational mechanics
Modern information technologies
Computer systems software
Theory and practice of aero-hydrodynamic experiment
Mathematical models and calculation methods for computers
Mathematical supply for computers
Laboratory of specialization “Computational hydrodynamics”
Laboratory of specialization “Visualization of mechanical processes”
Laboratory of specialization “Special software packages”
Laboratory of specialization “Programming for Internet”
Manuals and guides
- Girin A.G. Synopsis of lectures of course “Solid environment course mechanics”. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 1999. - 66p.
- Girin A.G. Lectures of course “Aero-hydromechanics”. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 1999. – 131p.
- Girin A.G. Manual on the course “Computational experiment in hydrodynamics”. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2001. – 89p.
- Girin A.G. Manual on the course “Aero-hydromechanics”. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2001. – 67p.
- Semenov A.S. Elements of elasticity theory. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 1999. – 103p.
- Kosyreva L.A., Rachinskaya A.L. Guidelines and control tasks on the course “Theoretical Mechanics” for students of IMEM. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 1999. – 71p.
- Girin A.G. Computational methods in hydrodynamics. Synopsis of lectures. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2003. - 121p.
- Girin A.G. Computational methods of gas dynamics. The course of lectures. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2003. - 124p.
- Girin A.G. Computational methods of gas dynamics. Manual. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2006. - 168p.
- Girin A.G. Gas dynamics. Manual. – Odessa, “AstroPrint”, 2007. - 208p.
- Trofimenko O. G., Prokop Y. V., Kosireva L. A. and others. C++. Basics of programming. Theory and practice. Tutorial. Odessa, “Phoenix”, 2010. 544p.
- Kosireva L. A., Rachinskaya A. L. Compilation of tasks for labs on disciplines “Programming” and “Practicum on computer”(part 1) for course 1 students of specialty “Mechanics”. Odessa, ONU, 2011.
- Kosireva L. A., Rachinskaya A. L. Manuals and control tasks of course “Material resistance” for students of specialty “Mechanics”. Odessa, ONU. 2011. - 36p.
Students research work
Our students periodically take part in international conferences, publish their articles of scientific research. Recently following projects were produced:
- Stasenko M.S. Computer modeling of material point // Compilation of lectures and theses of the 2nd International youth forum “Informational technologies in XXI century” – Dnepropetrovsk, USUCT, 2004. - P.168-169.
- Girin A.G., Minakova E.O. About set behaviors of wave seals spread in two-phase dispersed environments. Theory and practice. Grinding, Separating, Mixing and Sealing. Compilation of scientific works. ONMA. Ed. 12. – Odessa, 2006. - P.44-51.
- Girin A.G. Abramova A.V. Dynamics of the explosive wave in premises. In book: “Math. VI inter. Scientific conference. Science and education. Vol. 56. Modern Inf. Tech.” Dnepropetrovsk 2005.
- Malinskiy A. Numerical solution of integral equation of the diffraction of elastic waves. In comp. “Applied mathematical problems in mechanics, economics, ecology.” Materials of IV International student’s conference. Publ. by Sevastopol NTU, Sevastopol, 2006. - P.162-165
- Kaim S.S. “Molecular theory of the interaction energy of the atom and nanopores in liquids.” Conf. “Nanosize systems. Structure-properity-technology”. NAS of Ukraine. Kiev, 2007. - P.1.
- Tityapkin A.S., Volkov V.E. ”Data processing program of physical experiment” ”Informatics and computer technologies”, comp. of works of 3rd international scientific conference of young scientists and students. Donetsk, 2007. - P.3.
- Kosheleva A.S. ”Solution of one gas dynamics problem with numerical experiment methods ”. 5th International student scientific conference “Applied mathematical problems in mechanics, economics, ecology.”, Sevastopol, 2007. - P. 1.
- Dragunovskiy N.N. Numerical experiment for one class of gas dynamics problems // N.N. Dragunovskiy, T.A. Sobchenko, A.P. Tsarenko // Physics of aerodispersed systems (PAS) № 47, 2010. - P.112-121.