Chair of clinical psychology
Head of the chair Professor Boris Grigorevich Khersonskiy
Teachers and employees of the chair
In total the professorial personnel of the chair consists of 14 employees:
- 4 professors, including 3 doctors of sciences;
- 7 senior lecturers, candidates of sciences.
- 2 masters – senior teachers.
- 1 senior teacher.
The educational process is provided also by 6 other teachers – part-time workers, including 4 candidates of sciences, senior lecturers, 2 senior teachers.
All the teachers with no exception have basic psychological, medical, and pedagogical education, which corresponds to the structure of disciplines which they deliver:
- Khersonskiy Boris G., professor, head of the chair.
- Rozanov Vsevolod A., professor, doctor of medical sciences [Dr. Sci. Med.].
- Prostomolotov Valery F., professor, doctor of medical sciences [Dr. Sci. Med.].
- Psyadlo Edward M., professor, doctor of biological sciences [Dr. Sci. Biol.].
- Belonozhko Angelica V., senior teacher.
- Geller Igor I., candidate of psychological sciences [Dr. Sci. Psych.], senior lecturer.
- Korobitsina Margarita B., candidate of psychological sciences, senior lecturer.
- Kremenutskaya Margarita K., candidate of psychological sciences, senior lecturer.
- Mohovikov Alexander N., candidate of medical sciences, senior lecturer.
- Donets Olga Yu., candidate of medical sciences, senior lecturer.
- Pavelko Irina I., candidate of psychological sciences, senior lecturer.
- Kantarova Natalia V., master of psychology, senior teacher.
- Smokova Lyudmila S., candidate of psychological sciences [Dr.Soc.Psych.], senior teacher.
- Jung Natalia V., candidate of psychological sciences, senior lecturer.
- Lasunova Svetlana V., candidate of pedagogical sciences, is working for the doctor’s degree
- Bulgak Evelyn D., senior teacher.
- Zhukovsky Vyacheslav I., senior teacher.
- The code of the branch: 0301
- The name of the branch of knowledge: Socio-political sciences
- The direction of training: Psychology
- The code of the direction of training: 6.030102 (bachelor)
- The chair provides the preparation of specialists of the master educational qualifying level on the basis of the bachelor educational qualifying level.
- Juridical psychology (on the basis of the “junior expert” education, retraining within the limits of the second higher education)
- Clinical psychology (on the basis of secondary special education, retraining within the limits of the second higher education)
- Psychology (retraining within the limits of the second higher education)
Postgraduate courses for psychologists, doctors and medical workers with the higher and secondary special education on the following directions
- “Psychological correction and psychotherapy”
- “Clinical psycho-diagnostics”
- “Psychosomatic disorders and their psychological correction”
- “Psychological problems in neurotic patients, their correction”
The historical information
The chair of clinical psychology was created on March, 1st, 1999 at the Institute of Postgraduate education of the Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University. It became a centre of psychological knowledge dissemination among the student youth at once.
During the years of its existence a stable base of entrants admittance was created. Since 2003 arrangements were made with several secondary special educational institutions (colleges) of Odessa and the Odessa Region concerning the transfer of their graduates to the Institute according to the results of the state final examinations.
In 2008 the Chair has organized postgraduate courses for psychologists, doctors and medical workers with higher and secondary (college) special education.
In connection with the importance and a urgency of the further development of scientific research in the field of psychological sciences and the preparation of qualified pedagogical staff, in 2003 correspondence and stationary postgraduate studentship on the speciality 19.00.08 – Special Psychology was opened, and in 2006 the correspondence and stationary postgraduate studentship on the speciality 19.00.04 – Medical Psychology was opened.
In 2006 at the Institute of Innovative and Postgraduate Education two laboratories were created on the basis of the Chair of Clinical Psychology:
- the laboratory of psycho-diagnostics (supervisor of the studies professor Е.М. Psyadlo)
- the laboratory of clinical, rehabilitation psychology and psychological examinations (supervisor of the studies senior lecturer M. B. Korobitsina)
The directions of scientific and teaching activities and their results
During the period of the Chair functioning the sphere of its scientific interests has considerably extended. Its basic scientific directions are:
Estimation and psychological correction of stress reactions in the workers of extreme professions. This direction is being developed within the limits of the state budgetary theme 168 “The creation of psycho-diagnostic methods and their application in the conditions of the activity of the Ministry of Emergency Measures psychological services” (the number of the state registration 0107U003866). Ordered by the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine.
The supervisor of the studies – professor V. A. Rozanov, Dr. Sci. Med.
The executive – professor E. M. Psyadlo, Dr. Sci. Biol.
Executors: professor B. G. Khersonsky, senior lecturer Kremenchutskaja, Cand. Sci. Psych., senior lecturer O. Yu. Donets, Cand. Sci. Med., teacher A. Belonozhko, post-graduate student O. Samara, the senior psychologist of the Department of the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Ukraine in the Odessa Region N. A. Dotsenko, the senior psychologist of the Department of the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Ukraine in the Odessa Region, captain of the service O.V. Kurbatova;
- Deep psychology and psychoanalysis (professor Khersonskiy);
- Monitoring and prevention of suicidal behaviour, development and standardization of the methods of experimental psychological research for revealing suicidal tendencies (professor V. A. Rozanov, senior lecturer A.N. Mohovikov, Cand. Sci. Med.);
- Psychology and medicine of labour (professor E. M. Psjadlo);
- Clinical, rehabilitation psychology and psychological expert examinations (senior lecturer M. B. Korobitsina);
- the psychological features of the “man-computer” interactions, modelling and processing art and graphic information (senior lecturer M. K. Kremenchutskaja);
- Psychological aspects of juridical psychology (senior lecturer N. V. Jung)
In 2004 the project “The development and standardization of the experimental psychological research methods of the suicide tendencies diagnosis” was implemented.
The basic results of the scientific research was the increase of the level of awareness concerning the suicide tendencies in the military psychologists, the implementation of new methods of psychological research, reduction of the number of suicides, in particular in the military servants of the Odessa Region.
The students of the day time and correspondence forms of training take part in the research work. The students receive practical skills and implement their theoretical knowledge at the following bases of practice:
- The Administration of the State Department of Ukraine on the Execution of Punishment in the Odessa Region.
- The international charitable organization – the Rehabilitation Centre “Steps” (AA).
- Departments on the affairs of children (regional, city and regional submission).
- The Odessa Regional Psychiatric Hospital №1.
- The Central Administrative Board on Extreme Situations of the Ministry of Emergency Measures of Ukraine
Scientific communication with the national and foreign institutions
- The Swedish National Centre of Suicide Prevention.
- The Regina University (Canada). Department of Social Work.
- The European branch of the WHO (the World Health Organization service on the monitoring and prevention of suicidal behaviour, Geneva). Professor V. A. Rozanov – the representative of Ukraine on suicide prevention in the WHO.
- The National Centre of Suicidal Behaviour Prevention and Studies (Stockholm).
- The Psychological Health Centre of Europe (Brussels).
- The Institute of Labour Medicine of the Academy of Medical Sciences of the Russian Federation (Moscow).
- The University of Passau, the Philosophy Faculty, the Institute of Psychology (Germany).
The publication of textbooks and methodological instructions
During the last five years the teachers have published 8 monographs, over 120 articles, and 20 methodological instructions for students.
19 persons are learning in the postgraduate studentship: 1 worker for the doctor’s degree, 14 post-graduate students, and 3 competitors on the specialities 19.00.08 – special psychology, 19.00.01 – history of psychology, 19.00.04 – medical psychology.
The following workers have defended the candidate’s theses
- M. Kremenchutskaya: “The Psychological Analysis of Thinking Processes in Computer Users”, 2005.
- N. Jung: “The Psychological Features of Value Orientations Formation in the Members of the PPV Adolescent Group”, 2006
- I. Pavelko: “The Humanistic Orientation of Communication as a Condition of Overcoming Aggressive Tendencies in Adolescents”, 2007
- A. Belonozhko: the work was submitted for defence in 2008.
- N. Kantareva “The Personality Traits in Preschool and Primary School Children with Speech Disturbances”, 2004 (master’s degree, Bulgaria)
- Smokova Lyudmila S., “Conflicts and values orientations: a cross- cultural social - psychological research in Bulgaria and Ukraine”, 2004, Dr. in Social Psychology