Elena Matuzkova, D.Sc., Professor, Head of the Translation Department
Academic staff of the Translation Department
The number of lecturers: 16, including professors – 1, Ph.Ds/associate professors – 9, senior lecturer – 1, lecturers – 5.
- E. Matuzkova, D.Sc., Professor.
- L. Yarovenko, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- M. Kirillova, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- E. Kolesnikova, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- O. Kovalenko, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- A. Boldyreva, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- S. Yeryomenko, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- I. Raevskaya, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- O. Grinko, Ph.D., Associate Professor.
- K. Bezpalova, Ph.D Associate Professor.
- A. Shlipatska, senior lecturer.
- V. Pshonyak, lecturer.
- L. Vasilyeva, lecturer.
- Ye. Moroz, lecturer.
- N. Horbatiuk, lecturer.
- A. Negru, lecturer.
The Departments teaches the following subjects:
- First Foreign Language (English)
- Second Foreign Language (Italian and Greek)
- Translation Practice (English Language)
- Translation Practice (Italian and Greek)
- Translation Studies 101
- Linguistic and Cultural Studies (English Language)
- Linguistic and Cultural Studies (Italian and Greek)
- Introduction to Professional Activities
- Theory of Verbal Communication 101
- Terminology Studies
- Scientific Research 101
- Translation Editing and Proofreading 101
- Problems of Social and Cultural Differences in Languages
- Translation Problems (Grammar Aspect)
- Business English Translation
- Science and Technical Literature (Translation Approach)
- Interpretation Studies 101
- Cultural Problems in Translation
- Translation of Legal Texts
- Computer-Assisted Translation and Simultaneous Interpreting
- Theory and History of Translation
- Teaching Languages and Translation
- Comparative Stylistics of Foreign Languages and Ukrainian
- Conference Interpreting.
The Department also teaches Italian or Greek as the third foreign language for all other departments at the faculty.
Room 166a 24/26 Frantzuzskiy bulvar
Odessa 65068 Ukraine
Tel: 048 746 50 48