Head of department:
Svitlana P. Gvozdii, doctor of pedagogical sciences, Assistant professor, PhD
Scientific secretary of department:
Personal staff the teachers the chair of department
- Gvozdii Svitlana P. – doctor of pedagogical sciences, Assistant professor, head of department, PhD
- Shapkina Tatiana I. – Senior Lecturer
- Ustianskaya Olga V. – Assistant professor, candidate biological science
- Bashtan Svetlana A. – Candidate biological science, Senior Lecturer
- Burdenyuk Elena I. – Senior Lecturer
- Stenpkovskaya Galina I. – Senior Lecturer
- Polishchuk Lubov M. – Senior Lecturer
- Pienov Vadim V. – Candidate of pedagogical science, Senior Lecturer
- Radaieva Irina N. – Candidate biological science, Senior Lecturer
- Maydanyuk Elizabeth S. – Teacher
- Kuzіna Lyudmila V. – Senior Assistant
- Bikova Tatyana I. – Senior Assistant
- Belchenko Svitlana M. – Assistant
Academic department specialty
Studying of effectiveness the students training on the safety and health basics at the basis of subject-subject interaction. Theoretical and practical approaches to the university students’ health and safety.
In April 2019, the Odessa I. I. Mechnikov National University opened a specialty 014 Secondary education (Biology and Human Health) to train specialists at the second (master's) level. The Department of Human Health and Civil Safety is graduating in this specialty. More detailed information you can find on the Ukrainian and Russian versions of the site.
Academic department’s main fields of scientific activity
- Study of issues related to the university students’ health and safety in the philosophical, pedagogical, psychological, sociological literature, periodicals, Internet, etc.
- Identification of problems of university students’ health and safety.
- Developing approaches the theoretical and practical training of university students to safe living.
In June 2017 two dissertations were defended for degrees obtaining:
- Gvozdii S. P. Theoretical and methodical bases of future specialists of socionomic specialities training to the safety of life and professional activity. – Dissertation for a Doctor’s Degree in Pedagogical Sciences. Speciality 13.00.04 – Theory and Methods of Professional Education;
- Pienov V. V. «The development of valeological education in the South of Ukraine (late XIX - early XX century)». – The thesis for the degree of candidate of pedagogical sciences on specialty 13.00.01– general pedagogy and history of pedagogy.
Department’s partners, international cooperation
The Department maintains cooperation and exchange of experience with the higher education institutions of Odessa and Ukraine, namely:
The department conducts cooperation and exchange of experience with universities in Odessa and Ukraine, namely:
- National Technical University of Ukraine "Kyiv Polytechnic Institute"
- National Technical University «Kharkiv Polytechnic Institute»
- National Aviation University
- Lviv National University named after Ivan Franko
- Dragomanov National Pedagogical University
- Admiral Makarov National University of Shipbuilding
- South Ukrainian National Pedagogic University named after K.D. Ushinskiy
- Odessa National Maritime University
- Zhytomyr State University named after Ivan Franko
- Kherson State University
- Yuriy Fedkovych Chernivtsi National University and many others.
Together with their colleagues studied the security of life, civil defense, occupational safety, health and others.
The colleagues collectively study the issues of health and safety, civil defense, labor protection, human health, etc.
Department’s community involvement
The Department Head, Associate Professor, Svitlana Petrivna Gvozdiy is a member of the Scientific and Methodological Commission of the Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine of Civil Safety (1702, Safety of life and activity Section), member of the Union of Experts on Health and Safety (Kharkiv, Kharkiv Polytechnical Institute). Since 2015 T. I. Shapkina, O. V. Ustianska, S. O. Bashtan, I. M. Radaieva, V. V. Pienov, and L. M. Polishchuk were joined to the Union of Experts
The Department team is constantly working to improve the teaching methods on subjects studied by the students. At the scientific and tutorial workshops we review the new developments in the field of civil safety, protection of labor and medicine. The cooperation aimed at the exchange of new textbooks, teaching methods, guidelines etc. is constantly maintained with the other municipal and Ukrainian universities.
Since 1999 the Scientific and Methodological Council of Civil Defense and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region Population was established by the Order of the Head of Odessa Regional State Administration (www.nmr-czbjd.edukit.od.ua). The Council consists of the Heads of the Departments of Life Safety of the majority of higher educational institutions of Odessa city, the staff of Training and Methodological Centre of Civil Protection and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region, representatives of the Department of Education and Science of Odessa Regional State Administration, State Service of Emergency at Odessa Regional State Administration and other, which maintain continuous cooperation, exchange of experiences, training manuals, information, organization of events etc.
At the initiative of the Scientific and Methodological Council of Civil Defense and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region Population, a month campaign on “Civil Defense” and “Safety of life and activity” (SLA) was hold during April 2014 among students, teachers, and pupils of different schools within the normative disciplines of civil defense. The specified event was attended by teachers of the higher educational institutions of II-IV accreditation levels, staff of the Training and Methodological Centre of CP and SLA of Odessa Region, psychologists of Odessa Volunteer Psychological Service were invited thereto. More than 5400 persons underwent training on first aid and resilience at emergency of the socio-political nature in Odessa educational institutions.
The Chairman of the Scientific and Methodological Council of Civil Defense and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region Population Svitlana Petrivna Gvozdiy (Presidium, Council composition and Operating Regulations) were approved by the Order of the Head of Odessa Regional State Administration (Order №5 dated 18.06.2012) in cooperation with the scientific consultant of the abovementioned Council, PhD in Medical Sciences, Associate Professor Iryna Vadymivna Ivanova held:
- Training workshop on “Social and Psychological aspects of Health and Safety: Theory, Methodology, Practice” within the framework of the refresher course for Leadership of Scientific and Methodological Centre of Civil Defense and SLA in Odessa Region (category “Leadership of Civil Defense of General Education Institutions in Odessa and Odessa Region”). 12.02.2013;
- Training workshop for teachers (lecturers) of the integrated course “Health Bases” and “Fundamentals of Health and Safety” regarding “Psycho-pedagogical and methodological approaches to the study of Health Basics and Fundamentals of Health and Safety” under the program of the ongoing workshop “Methods of training, teaching classes and major events on CP and SLA in general and vocational education institutions”. 19.03.2013 – Municipal Training Courses of I category of Odessa city, Scientific and Methodological Centre of CP and SLA in Odessa Region
- Within the ХІІ INTERNATIONAL EDUCATIONAL-METHODICAL CONFERENCE «BASICS OF SAFETY OF LIFE AND ACTIVITY – EDUCATION, SCIENCE, PRACTICE», May 15-16, 2013 Odessa, Ukraine, the seminar was held – the training «Interactive teaching of civil defense disciplines in the institution of higher education: problems, experience, opportunities» (trainer – Gvozdii S.P.)
- The training for 5M forms pupils in school №8 Odessa was about: «Safe behavior at home and outdoors» (using materials, developed by the French association for children’s safety ЕNDIS and by international «Rotari club») (May 30, 2013) (trainer – Gvozdii S.P.)
- Seminar – training for form-masters of 6-th forms at secondary educational institutions was about: «NEW METHODICAL APPROACHES IN PROVIDING SAFE VITAL ACTIVITY OF PUPILS BY FORM-MASTERS» on the program of the standing seminar: «Organizational and educational-pedagogical work with СD, BHS by form-masters of 6-th forms at secondary educational institutions» The holding date: 22.10.2013. The holding place: Odessa local courses of І category of EMC CD in Odessa region.
- The work of the Scientific and Methodological Council of Civil Defense and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region Population was described in local newspapers such as «Vechernya Odessa» (№52 (9774) from May 6, 2013); «Odesskiy universitet» №2-3, March-May 2013 and on municipal Channels such as “Grad”, “7”.
- S.P. Gvozdiy is the research adviser in the creative group of Nerubaisk secondary educational school № 2 І-ІІІ degrees, which works on the problem in forming the particular properties for a safe type and in creation of programs for elective courses given the safety in geography, biology, chemistry etc.
The first All-Ukrainian methodical seminar-training about life safety «THE UNITED UKRAINE. THE UNITED COUNTRY» (September, 2014) was held in Ukraine, which was organized by the department of medicine and safety of life and activity, trade union organization of students and candidates, and co-workers of ONU initiated by the Scientific and Methodological Council of Civil Defense and Safety of life and activity of Odessa Region Population (the Head is S.P.Gvozdiy) supported by the ONU administration, educational-methodical centre of civil defense and SLO in Odessa region, Central administrative board of government service of emergency situation in Ukraine, Odessa region.
The amount of participants – 204 people (among them representatives of the organizers, 125 students-participants, lecturers etc.)
- Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov.
- National Technical University «Kyiv Polytechnic Institute».
- Rivne State University of Humanities.
- Karazin Kharkiv National University.
- Dnipropetrovsk University of Customs and Finance.
- South Ukrainian National Pedagogical University named after K.D. Ushynsky.
137 «participants-certificates» of the seminar were presented to students and lecturers who verified that the participant went successfully through the І All-Ukrainian methodical seminar-training about life safety «The united Ukraine. The united country. » and demonstrated the high level of personal effectiveness in-group and individual work (the defense of the population during the emergency situation and first-aid in medical emergency condition - 24 hours).
The department of medicine and life safety supported by the Educational-methodical board of civil defense and life safety issues for the inhabitants in Odessa region in collaboration with the trade union organization of students and candidates from Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov, took part in the action «Make the world cleaner! Start from yourself! ». For upbringing the ecological culture among students, the deserving attitude to our country and the cautious treatment of the environment, the competition among departments on gathering the greatest quantity of wasted batteries was established (spring, 2013).
Being invited by the trade union organization of students and candidates, S.P. Gvozdii took part in the «ONU Miss and mister perfection – 2013, 2014, 2015» (Itaka club) as the jury. She also assisted the head of the jury during the «Students games 2013» (recreation centre «Chernomorka») that were organized by the trade union organization of students and candidates from Odessa National University named after I.I. Mechnikov.